Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh help!

Wow--sometimes as a parent you have those moments with your kids when they suddenly share a toy--without being told or they say a sweet, perfect prayer. Well--I wish I could say that I was going to blog about one of those moments--but.....
We had family home evening last night and decided to make churros as a family. I was hoping to throw in a little spirituality so I asked each of the kids to share their favorite scripture story. Mackenna (of course) likes the story of Baby Jesus. Carter loves the story of Ammon chopping off the arms of the Lamanites that come to scatter King Lamoni's sheep. Then (sigh) it's Christopher's turn. He tells us that his favorite scripture story is the one with Laman, Lemuel, and General Grievous. For those of you not familiar with General Grievous--he's a character from Star Wars. I guess I now know that Lego Star Wars is having more of an impact on my 3 year old than the scriptures! Wow--I feel like a great mom! :) Oh help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would we do without the occasional comment like that to keep us laughing! You are a GREAT mom!...in fact, one of the BEST I know!

Julie Herrell said...

Don't feel too bad. In my last primary class all of the boys talked about Star Wars. I think they would have loved to just have lessons on Star Wars stuff.
Thanks for sharing your blog with me - it will be fun to read.
Julie