Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ready, set...JUMP!

Here are my three oldest--jumping in for our first official swim of the season as a family! Kelly's parents came for a visit during May and it was so fun to have them down--Mackenna followed Grandma around asking for mints and makeup--such a girl. Carter and Chris wanted to show off their latest "moves"--whether it was their self-taught karate or gymnastics--I'm surprised no bones were broken. It was fun, though, to sit back and watch my kids with their grandparents. It is hard to live away from family! As I watched them all playing together and visiting it made me sad to think of what my kids are missing out on--living so far from grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins...it makes our trips up to Utah and Idaho the highlight of the year!
Life is good though--each day something new! I've been reading a book on changing perspective to help your relationships and it has made me think alot lately--lots of introspection--which I think Kelly is sick of...he may try to hide this book from me--but as I've read I see lots of characteristics and attributes in myself that aren't my favorite. I can see how I cause the friction in my relationship with Mackenna--that it could really be alot easier with her than I let it be. I see that my pride gets in the way of how I communicate in my marriage. It's really opened my eyes to my responsibility over my own emotions--and that my circumstances don't determine my happiness. It's kind of scarey stuff--but I feel like it has changed my life--even if that change is one that only I can see--and if it is only small at first--it is there...
I want to be so much more than I am--and there's alot to do...but I'm ready--so I guess all that's left to do is just...get ready, set, and JUMP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to jump right into that book AND that pool of yours! Your kids told me this morning that it's still pretty cold...hmmm...maybe after our GIRLS WEEKEND it will be ready for me!