Sunday, January 8, 2012

At a glance...

And so here is 2011 at a glance! Our lives have been crazy this past year--but we all made it through with some minor scrapes and bruises--and I am only mildly insane (though Kelly might say differently). All in all, we are feeling very blessed! We're looking forward to another year--hopefully we'll do a little less moving this year--guess we'll have to wait and see....onward and upward, right?
Nothing says happy holidays like a mug of hot cocoa and a stocking on your head....
Here we are unpacking Christmas...didn't we just finish unpacking?
Only in Arizona :).
A weekend of fun and some serious shopping!
She's got the moves!
Kelly and my friends surprised me with a visit to AZ for my birthday!  It was a much needed trip...I sure love these girls!
Kenna received the Star Student Award!
First snow fun!
Tessa helped keep things fun...
A princess...in every way!
Not everyone is happy about starting school again....
Welcoming fall!!!
Boxes again?  AARRGGGG!
Carter's pioneer experience!
1st day of school in South Jordan.
A visit from Macey was a highlight for Kenna!
We went to a fun 4th of July parade with all of our Robinson cousins!
Thank you Kraft and Little Caesar's for feeding my kids this summer!
We visited BYU campus with Amy and her kids....good times!

So...we moved. The help and support that came from our friends was incredible. I am still amazed--and very humbled to have had so much help and support. My mom and sister Amy came and helped me pack before camp and then after camp, Natalie, Samantha, Cami, and Monica--wow--words can't express the appreciation and love I feel for these women. And for our whole ward--so many people helped with meals and packing. I know many times they were inspired to call or come help me get things in order...truly.
I wasn't sure if I would be able to go to camp this year--I had some back problems...but in answer to many prayers, thanks to a good husband, good friends, and a great doctor, I went and it was awesome!  I tried to make every minute last as long as it could!  Our theme was "Valiant Quest--We Seek After These Things".  It was unforgettable!
Girls Camp 2012

Kenna and her buddies.
At Peter Piper for Carter's birthday.

All of our Fun Night Friends at Carter's baptism.
Carter turned 8 this year and chose to be baptized.  We let him choose--to wait until we moved or do it in Arizona.  He chose Arizona.  Neither of our families were able to come, but our Arizona family was there.  It is a memory I will always treasure.  I know he felt loved on that day!
Kenna's first year in Chorus--she was up early to be there on time!

Chris graduated from preschool--I was able to work there in Tessa's class.  It was fun to be together!   

I think it is easy to look at people and think you know what is going on in their lives. As I've posted these pictures, I've thought that it probably seems that what we've been through this past year hasn't been all that hard. It has--I can honestly say there have been moments when I have questioned myself and everything in my life in this past year. My kids have been stronger than I would have ever thought possible--they have been examples to me of courage. Kelly has been so steadfast--I have had to lean on him. "Life is a hard teacher. It gives the test first and the lesson afterward." We are all still adjusting--and learning to lean on each other as a family. I feel like we've grown closer in ways we couldn't have if we hadn't moved. Happy and together...this was our year...at a glance.

1 comment:

King Lady said...

Wow, woman! I just want you to know that I love you so much and am so glad that I know you and can call you my friend. You have had an AMAZINGLY difficult year and have pulled it off like a rock star. Best wishes as you continue onward and upward!