Monday, November 3, 2008

November Already???


Well--Happy Halloween!!! I can't believe how fast time flies. It seems like only yesterday I was wearing maternity clothes...oh wait, it was. Oh well--I started on the treadmill today and am anxious to get back in shape. I played tag with the kids on the way home from the park Saturday--and could tell I was more than a little rusty.
As you can see, we are all about the Power Rangers at our house--and Mackenna wanted to be "Gabriella" from High School Musical--Tessa went along in the stroller dressed as our"Bundle of Joy". I think the kids had fun--even though it was hot and the boys only stayed out for about an hour. Kenna is definitely understanding the whole candy deal--she wanted to stay out as long as she could. I probably had the most fun of anyone...the minute they were out the door I did the dishes all by myself and just listened to how quiet my house was...except for the occasional trick or treaters. It's amazing how good a quiet house can make me feel!
November should be a fun month--even though I can't believe it's here! I'm a little nervous for Election Day tomorrow...I don't think it's going the way we had hoped... and that scares me a little. However, at our Stake Conference on Sunday, Boyd K. Packer (via satellite from Utah) reminded us that no matter what--we follow the Brethren. I find so much comfort in that. I guess we'll see how it all goes. My sister Laurie is getting married on my birthday (the 28th)--and we are going to be in Utah for a whole week...I can't wait!! I am so excited for the family to meet Tessa--and I'm hoping my kids will get to see some snow--even though they are already complaining of the cold--and we're just starting to enjoy 70 degree weather.
Like I said, time flies....and I'm sure before I can blink, Tessa will be asking for the car keys on her way out the door. I guess the important thing right now is to do what Thomas S. Monson encouraged us to do this past conference--learn what is important and what is not--and then spend time on that which is important. So--before this night is over, I'm going to enjoy listening to Tessa "coo" at me before she goes to bed--and will hit tomorrow at full speed...trying to enjoy it before it is gone...

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the pictures! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. It'll be so fun to have you here for a whole week! I'm getting married in 24 days, can you believe it?!

Lindsay said...

It's so weird to think of it being hot while you're trick-or-treating! Your kids look so cute! We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Woo hoo! Maybe we'll get snow and we can take the kids sledding.

Marley said...

Krista!! Its Marley! :) Your kids were super cute on Halloween! and boy if they are thinkin 70 is cold they are in for a treat when ya'll come up for Thanksgiving!! Its super cold! ha!! :)