Friday, January 2, 2009

Another year...


So--it's officially 2009! I don't know why a change in year makes me feel so motivated--it's like a fresh start or something. I went to the gym with a friend this morning and it felt so good to get out there and exercise! Who knows how long it will take to work off all of the cream cheese I've
enjoyed over the last few weeks! Here is my little fam at family pics during my sister Laurie's wedding--and as I look at how much our family changed in 2008--I can only guess what surprises 2009 will bring. Mackenna is getting so tall and super sassy--but we actually had 30 minutes of piano practice (well, technically 28) without any whining. It was amazing...and gives me hope. Carter is signed up for flag football--and I'm excited to see him get to it! He and Christopher tackle and wrestle each other all the time--we'll see how it goes. He's starting to read now and loves trying to sound things out! Christopher is exerting his independence to the max right now. He's the king of "no"--and spends alot of time on the stairs. He is really into playing games on the computer--and for being only 3--does pretty good! Tessa is a squealer! She's is so stinking cute--and I think is getting big too fast! I need her to stay a baby...it's just so fun to have one of my kids be excited to see me every time I walk in the room. Oh well--without change, progress is impossible--and I think this year will bring with it many changes! I am excited though--life happens--and you can choose to either fear the future or embrace the opportunities and adventures we have each day--and live life to it's fullest. I'm approaching this new year with JOY--finding more happiness in my family and my life (at least I'm trying)--and am trying to be more appreciative for all I have. Yes--for now those are just resolutions--but I've got to start somewhere to get where I want to be :) !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the family picture, Krista! I hope that if your 2009 brings change with it, they will be happy changes. You deserve the best! Love ya!