Sunday, January 25, 2009

I guess we are finally adults...




I love my husband!! What can I say--he is literally the best. When he gets it in his mind to do something, he does it--there is no stopping him. We have had a little problem with our towels lately--they've started to stink--so we've been trying new things to get them clean. Yes--we even tried OXY-CLEAN and guess what--it didn't work any miracles for us. Anyways-not long ago we purchased a new front load washer and dryer set--our old set had given its best efforts and gone the way of all old appliances. When our new set was delivered and finally set up, Kelly and I sat together and just watched the washer and listened to how quiet it was--we were entertained for longer than I would like to admit--and I guess that is when it dawned on me that we are officially adults. When you get excited about new appliances and sit listening to them AND go hunting around the house for more laundry to do--because you want to watch your new washer work, you've finally reached adulthood. Exciting right? A little sad, too... So--Kelly decided to soak all of our towels in detergent in the bath tub and then wash them. Well--they weren't rinsed from the bath tub soaking--and then we added detergent, and let's just say there were some serious suds!!!!! It was hilarious! And Kelly was so awesome that he stayed up late rinsing them out and washing them until the water ran clear...let's just say that it was a late night...but you know, it's moments like these that make me fall in love with Kelly all over again...

2 comments:

Laurie said...

What a stud. No wonder he's my favorite brother-in-law! I think I'm on my way to adult-hood too, Kris. Dan and I spent quite a while the other day just in awe at all the wonders Bed Bath & Beyond has to offer. A few months ago that never would have happened!! Hope all is well with you guys!

OUR STORY said...

Hey what kind of front loaders did you get, we just bought some as well. We bought the GE ones nad love them. I am always afraid I am going to put the regular kind of detergent in instead of the HE and have it foam out like crazy. Anyways cute blog. Miss you guys. Love ya.