Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kids...



I love Carter. He is just so random...and has developed quite the sulky face. I'm sure you'll see it at some point in his life--it's pretty convincing. Anyways the other night I was putting the kids to bed and Carter was saying his prayers--he's just recently graduated from saying the same thing over and over to adding his own ideas. Let's just say that it has gotten interesting. On this particular night, he said, "Please bless me that I never have to go to school again and please bless me to never kill anyone so I don't have to go to jail." It was hard to be serious and tell him what a nice prayer he had said...

So--now I get to teach him that God does answer prayers--even if he does have to go to school again. And I don't know what to think about the other part. Isn't it strange what kids come up with? It's always a guessing game and just when you think you have it figuered out--they throw you a curve ball. Kids....

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Krista,
I love your prayer story. Today Abby said the prayer for lunch. Mark comes home for lunch and Abby had been playing kitty cat all morning, like she does every morning. She began her prayer, "Meow meow meow meow"...we were laughing so hard we couldn't take it. She then said a normal prayer, for her, and said "What're you laughin' at?" Which made us laugh more. Kids ARE great!
Love,
Mandy Jo

Lindsay said...

He cracks me up, he is so unique! Good luck explaining the going to school part, hehehe! And I LOVE Tessa doing the happy baby pose. She seriously looks so peaceful and totally happy, I just wish I could kiss her little face off!