Friday, November 20, 2009

Mackenna's Baptism...

Here's my baby! I can't believe she is 8 and has already been baptized. It was such a neat weekend! All week long Kelly and I visited with her about the choice she was making and what it means and she seemed to really take it in. She was super surprised on Friday afternoon when my parents pulled up and Amy and Sadie jumped out of the car. She came running into the kitchen and was waving her arms "Mom, it's Amy and Sadie and Mom..." and then she ran back out front. She was so excited--especially about Sadie.
My dad borrowed a pair of my shorts and jumped in the pool with my kids and Sadie. The pool seems FREEZING to me, but they had a great time! We enjoyed visiting that night and of course were up early for the traditional morning walk.
Amy and my parents were such a big help to me in getting the food and the house ready for everything. We didn't have alot of people there, but wanted to have a light dinner after the baptism. Skip and Karen flew in and came to the house once they had settled in.
Kenna looked so beautiful to me and I was so happy that Kelly was able to baptize her. My dad gave the opening prayer and then Skip gave a very sincere talk on baptism. Mackenna was baptized on the same day as her friend Macey Clausen. To start the program they sang a song together that was so sweet called "My Baptism Day". The Spirit was so strong and it was so neat to watch--but I guess a little hard to swallow. Its almost like I don't want to believe that she is growing up...
We were so lucky to have some family come and the Broekmans and Brandes joined us back at the house for BBQ pork sandwiches. It was a neat afternoon--and one that I hope Mackenna will never forget...I know that I never will.

1 comment:

aunt katie said...

Wow - Mackenna is so beautiful and grown up! I know what you mean - Jesse's and Melissa's oldest were both baptized this year - so hard to believe!
Love you!!