Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Priceless...

This is actually a picture from awhile ago...but hey--at least I've posted a picture :). Tessa is such a big part of our family--and of course, those of you that have a 3 year old know what I mean. She has officially become "the boss".
She has so much personality and is such a mix of both Kelly and I--in every way. She is full of sass, is adamant about how she dresses, is determined, careful, and quick to give hugs and kisses to her brothers and Mackenna.
One of my favorite things she does right now is when she wakes up first thing...she just jumps out of bed, even if she's still not completely awake and stumbles over to me for a hug--she has huge hair and puffy eyes--then she finds whoever is still sleeping (the kids are all sharing a room right now) and she lays down by them and gives them a big hug and kiss. I'm not sure there's a more tender thing to watch...
I doubt she even knows how much I've come to depend on her for her friendship and her unconditional love. She's my little buddy right now and we go everywhere together. In a time when there is so much uncertainty and unfamiliarity, I have come to lean on her for her never- ending love and her quick smile. Even when I've messed things up, she is always there--so quick to forgive, forget, and give me a hug....always. I can't help but smile when she comes in the room--how I love that little girl!
Anyways--she has just turned three and I wish I could record everything she says--the other day we were in the van and she says, "Hey Mom"--I answer--"What Tess?"--she says, "You're fantastic!"...seriously, what's not to love?
Buying a princess doll house for her birthday--$30. Buying a Rapunzel Barbie as a reward for potty training--$15. Watching my three year old play with old hangars, belts, and leaves instead of her toys--priceless. And she truly is--as are all of my kids in their own special way.
Mackenna is always so quick to help, Carter is Mr. Enthusiasm about nearly everything, and Christopher is my tough guy--they have handled the past few months with such strength it amazes me.
I can't tell you the joys and challenges that come with being a mother--but I can tell you that in spite of those days when I might think about throwing in the towel--I wouldn't trade it for the world. Mackenna offering to help me with dinner when I'm stressed--priceless. Carter flashing me one of his fabulous smiles when I ask him to do homework--priceless. Christopher hugging me so tight I can hardly breathe--priceless. Watching Tessa play "school" with leaves as her students--priceless. Family--priceless.

No comments: