Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cream cheese...

Why does everything that tastes good this time of year have to be made with cream cheese?
Seriously...it's on sale everywhere I go--so I buy it at 10 bricks a trip and before I know it, it's back on my shopping list again. Tis the season of cheeseballs, dips, cheesecakes, spreads, dips, dips and more dips...has there ever been a dip that can't be improved by adding cream cheese?
You like chips and salsa? Add cream cheese and you're in for a treat! You like shrimp with marinara sauce? Add a brick of cream cheese, serve with Ritz and you are set. You like fruit? Why not a big bowl of cream cheese, marshmellow fluff, and brown sugar to top it off? I can't get away from it and wish I had the will power to resist, but I just don't. You may wonder why I am even posting about this! Is it an obession? Maybe...all I know is that today I was getting ready for a party with the girls in our ward and used 3 bricks of cream cheese...I am planning to use 4 more on Friday for another party we are attending...7 in one week! Whew....
But, indulge I will and I'll enjoy every minute of it--up until the time I start running again to burn it all off! Oh well...you gotta live.

5 comments:

Knapps said...

NO DOUBT!!!
Cream Cheese is a conspiracy - BUTT one that I am all for! I loved checking out all your cute fam's pictures, this blogging thing opens up a whole new world!! Love Ya Sis

Mandy said...

At least you're not posting about Velveeta! Love you!

Julie Herrell said...

I love cream cheese too. I stocked up on it with the good 10 for $10 sales lately. Heck it doesn't expire until April 2010. What a deal. :)

Anonymous said...

I've decided lately that my passion in life is FOOD. All food. Totally stuffed from a meal, all I can think about is what my next one will be! From one "foodie" to another here's a little tip that makes me feel better: buy Neufchatel (1/3 less fat than regular cream cheese)! It tastes just as good but just means more you can eat more of it before the guilt sets in! Oh, and NEVER buy fat-free cream cheese... it is NOT the same!

Laurie said...

This made me miss your cheeseballs Kris!