Monday, December 8, 2008

And after five years...


Okay, so I am really embarrassed to admit it--it really has been five years since we have had a family picture done. And after the stress it caused--I now remember why we've waited for so long. It really wasn't all that bad...well, except that I was worried Christopher would dive into the pond where we took the pictures.
I guess I should catch up--our family trip was so fun! My kids LOVED being with their cousins and we tried not to rush around so much this time. My sis Janie and her hubby let us invade their home for the week and besides the wierd Korean barley tea that Janie made me try, our visit was awesome! They were kind enough to open their home to our family and friends so we could bless Tessa. Kelly gave her a wonderful blessing and I was of course, overly emotional. I can't help it--when it comes to my kids, I am a baby :) !
I spent one whole day with Janie, Amy, and Darin and it was so fun to just visit and let the kids run wild. Carter and Chris took a special interest in the drum set at Amy's house--and by my veto it is not on the Christmas list!
Thanksgiving was so fun, too! The food was yummy--we played games--and I bugged everyone into letting me take pictures--I have really been enjoying that lately!
Laurie's wedding was so fun--just being with my family was so much fun for me! We don't all get together that often and I LOVED it! Laurie looked beautiful and it was so neat to be in the temple with all of my siblings and my parents. It was a little embarrassing when I needed help with my shoes--my back was having issues that day, but Amos saved the day when it came to my black boots. We were in a hurry after the temple--to get back for a family picture--so of course, Carter spilled a huge soda all over Grandma Karen's kitchen during lunch. Life would be so dull withou kids...so, other than my feet and back killing me at the end of the day--it turned out awesome. Laurie seems really happy and Dan seems cool...hopefully we can spend more time with them (hint, hint--come for a visit!).
It was good to get home though--except I know this is weird, but our house still smells like the people that lived here before us...that sounds gross--but seriously! When I've been gone for a long time I can smell them when I walk in--I'm not sure what to do about that but would appreciate some ideas!
Oh--and of course, to welcome us home--we had to catch another lizard in our living room the other day! Kelly had to pull out the entire couch (a huge sectional)--and we finally found it stuck--not smashed--just stuck to the bottom of the couch. Oh it grossed me out so bad!!! Kelly had to flip it in a box and let it go outside...wow--I am such a dork but I just can't touch one! Anyways--it is way too late to be up--but I needed to get caught up!
I can't believe it's already so close to Christmas--the shopping is mostly done--just a few more things to do--like make some serious toffee!! We had a great trip and want to let our family know how much we love you all!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm so glad you could come Kris! It was seriously so good to see you and your family. I'm glad you approve of Dan and look forward to you guys getting better aquainted. And I love your blog! The updates and pictures are awesome. Tell you fam hi. Love ya!