Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So much for Santa...


So this is my beautiful daughter Mackenna. She is too smart for her own good!! We just got back from a trip to visit family for Thanksgiving and attend my sister's wedding (which was beautiful, by the way)--and this will just be a quickie because I wanted to post this before I forget it...
We were busily packing up the van for the long ride home and of course, everyone loaded us up with Christmas gifts in order to get them to us on time and save on shipping. I didn't really think anything of it, but as we were driving home, Mackenna got this look on her face--you all know the look--like a light bulb turned on in her head. She says to me, "Hey Mom--I guess it doesn't matter if we are good anymore because we already have Christmas presents from Grandma and Grandpa. Santa doesn't even need to come."
Yes--we have used that as a threat at our house--and now I guess it is no longer useful...oh well....merry Christmas :)

3 comments:

Marley said...

hahaha!! Oh Mackenna is too funny!! So glad I got to spend time with you all!!

Lindsay said...

You tell my little Kenna she's a smarty pants! That makes me laugh! I'm so glad we got to see you guys for a while while you were here (it looks weird to have 2 whiles by each other :) !) Hope you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

She IS smart...I just love that girl! And Krista, while it might seem she's too smart for her own good, just know that from the outside, she's a good girl, and with a mom like you, she'll turn out yet! I'm serious. You're doing a great job with her...and with your others. They are lucky to have a mom who is SO invested, who wants so badly to see her children choose the right. They'll push you now...and probably for a long time...and probably with MY kids! But in the end, they're going to be okay...yes, even MacKenna!