Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Crazy, crazy...

I can't believe that the month of December is nearly over...tonight is Christmas Eve--and you guessed it, I'm too excited to sleep! Actually, I just finished up on stockings and have become somewhat of a night-owl lately. Tonight was so fun! We ate way too much food (amazing cheeseball if I do say so myself)--and had fun with the kids!
We read the Christmas Story in the Bible and talked to the kids about what gifts we could each give to Jesus for Christmas--something like having a good attitude when we practice the piano--yeah, Kenna didn't take that hint--but she and Carter both wrote down that they would try to not fight with each other. That would be a Christmas miracle for sure! Since school has been out (only 4 days!!) it has felt like the WWF Smackdown at our house every day! Anyways--back to Christmas Eve...
We wrote them down on paper (Kenna is always excited when I let her use a Sharpie)--and put them in a special place to look at next year. I hope the kids will think about it--I'll probably chat with them about it again once the excitement of presents has died down a bit! They were excited for new PJ's--and LOVED opening their name gifts. Kenna was thrilled with her own little "Build a Bear" kit that Carter got her--Tessa loved her new rattle (I think...she doesn't say much!)--Carter seemed ok with his BEN10 watch--Dad loved his plier set--I got a pretty new snowglobe--and Christopher went nuts over his little remote controlled airplane. He had few near misses with Tessa's head, but I guess she'll learn to be tough~
Tomorrow morning should be fun--Christmas always is with kids around~as for me, this year I felt more of a closeness with my Savior. His birth has felt more personal to me than ever before and I wonder if it is because I am facing some personal challenges that have forced me to draw closer to Him. I am ever grateful that He was willing to come to earth in such humility so that I can keep trying...
Yes, life is crazy, crazy with all its ups, downs, curves (which I'm hoping some of them will disappear in January when I start P90X!), and surprises, but I wouldn't change any of it--not for the world!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Aww Krista, we missed you guys so much on Christmas Eve! We wish you could have been here with us, but it sounds like you guys had a really special night just with your little family. that is awesome!