Thursday, July 16, 2009

Time away...

So last year my friend Natalie's husband inadvertently started a tradition...he gave her the best birthday gift ever. He sent all of us to a nice resort for a weekend...so this year, we decided to treat ourselves. We went to an amazing resort in Scottsdale--
We lounged at the pool, ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, lounged at the pool, played games, lounged at the pool, ate lots of food--and talked and talked and talked. I went with my friends Valerie, Cami, Natalie, and Samantha. It was great and Kelly was such a great sport about taking the kids for the weekend--we came home Saturday afternoon. I felt so spoiled and was ready to jump back into things when I got back. I just feel really blessed to have such great friends--they are always there for me and we have so much fun together. I think the thing I love most about them is that I come away from our times together feeling good about stuff--good about life, myself, my kids--they are just positive, good people--real and accepting--and it's refreshing to find those qualities in a friend. Thanks ladies--looking forward to more memories to come!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

It is so great that you have so many good friends in Arizona. I am always really slow at making friends, probably cuz I have family close so I just hang out with them and don't put myself out there and meet new people. I really should though. Your weekend away sounds AMAZING, and you deserve it! Keep the tradition going!

Anonymous said...

We are SO cute!!! Email me any other good pictures you got of that weekend.